Transaction Advisory Services
- How can we help
- Capital Insights
- Our people
- Corporate Development
- Divestiture Advisory Services
- Infrastructure Advisory
- Investment Banking
- Operational Transaction Services
- Transaction Real Estate
- Strategy Services
- Transaction Diligence
- Transaction Tax
- Valuation, Business Modeling & Fairness Opinions
- Working Capital
Ernst & Young Infrastructure Advisors, LLC (EYIA) advises clients on financial, procurement, strategic and public-private partnerships (PPP) issues for large-scale infrastructure projects and programs.
How we can help:
We provide support from the earliest stages of analysis, from project evaluation to procurement, financial close, construction and operations. We can assist our clients in devising and comparing financial plans and delivery approaches for projects that involve public, federal or private financing, project revenues and/or grants — and provide support to our clients in their implementation of those plans.
EYIA is a registered municipal advisor. For governmental clients considering new systems, major expansions, significant renewal work and/or PPP initiatives, we can assist in the development of long-term investment plans, as well as agency-wide programs and policy frameworks.
We often help clients navigate the array of potential public and private options so that they can accelerate projects and achieve efficient, innovative and ultimately successful outcomes — all while protecting the public interest.
We are pleased to have advised clients on:
- The establishment of PPP programs within major state departments of transportation
- The conception and successful procurement of the first two availability-payment-based PPPs in the US
- The first application in the US of an availability-payment PPP to deliver a toll facility (with the public sector retaining control over toll revenues and rates)
- The conception and successful procurement of the first design-build-finance-operate-maintain (DBFOM) PPP for social infrastructure in the US
- Securing and closing five federal Transportation Infrastructure Finance And Innovation Act (TIFIA) loans for both public and private sector borrowers totaling more than US$1.4 billion in federal loans and representing more than US$4.5 billion in total investment, as well as the pursuit of multiple additional pending TIFIA loans
- Securing numerous Full Funding Grant Agreements from the Federal Transit Administration, totaling more than US$2.5 billion in grant funds
- Procuring and managing the development of two of the largest intermodal projects in the US, one within a 120-acre study area in a major city and one at a large international airport
- Successful procurement and financing for large design-build (DB) and design-build-operate-maintain (DBOM) projects using public finance tools
Further, we have experience devising and implementing financial plans collectively involving multiple potential components of funding, including state and local grants; intergovernmental funding agreements and compacts; dedicated taxes; user fees; federal formula funds, grants and credit programs (e.g., TIFIA, Railroad Rehabilitation & Improvement Financing (RRIF) Program, Private Activity Bonds (PABs)); ancillary revenue and joint development; and private capital, and assisting with their implementation.
Our latest US report reveals what defines M&A success.
More on infrastructure
Real Estate infrastructure